LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT (LSA) - Hearing Impaired Resource Base (HIRB)
Hours of work: 8.30am - 4.00pm
33 hours per week, term time only (188 days) + 2 INSET days
Actual Salary: £13,582 p a (£18,148pa – full-time equiv)
“An OUTSTANDING school demonstrating strong practice in Behaviour, Safety, Leadership and Management.” Ofsted
At Vyners School, we are committed to meeting the needs of all our students and developing their potential. Our auditory/oral resource provision for hearing impaired pupils is committed to ensuring that our deaf students receive the best education possible and have full access to the curriculum and all extra-curricular activities. We are looking for a passionate and committed LSA to join our dynamic team and actively participate in delivering high quality teaching and support students in all key stages. Applications are welcome from both experienced Learning Support Assistants and those considering this, or teaching, as a career.
This would be an ideal role for either experienced Learning Support Assistants or those considering this, teaching or youth work as a career. Whilst previous knowledge of BSL is not required, the successful candidate should possess:
- Be enthusiastic about working with a range of pupils with differing needs and abilities.
- Show initiative and a willingness to be involved in all aspects of school life.
- Take a flexible approach to working.
- Have a proven track record of good working relationships and professionalism.
- Feel confident in working independently with small groups of pupils.
Applicants will need to have:
- A good general level of education, a sense of humour and be flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of interacting well with students and other staff members.
- Calm, approachable with clear verbal communication and a patient and positive outlook.
- Emotionally robust, capable of dealing with the challenges that working with students aged 11 – 18 can bring.
The school offers an environment with outstanding student behaviour and opportunities for further professional development, working with children who respond to passionate teaching and working within an established team with supportive colleagues.
- Start Date: ASAP (early applications will be considered)
- Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am on Fri 16 Oct 2020
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position and for more information, please see the attached documents. Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Frances Webb – HR Manager Tel 01895 234342).