Teacher of the Deaf
Full-time or Part-time
MPS / UPS (Outer London) + SEN Point 1
“A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.”
At Vyners School, we are committed to meeting the needs of all our pupils and developing their potential. Our auditory/oral resource provision for hearing impaired pupils is committed to ensuring that our deaf students receive the best education possible and have full access to the curriculum and all extra-curricular activities. We are looking for a passionate and committed teacher to join our dynamic team and actively participate in delivering high quality teaching and support to students throughout KS3, KS4 & KS5.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed six form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. In 2018 of 79% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE and we are consistently ranked in the top 10% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment. At A Level 25% of all grades were A*-A and 53% A*-B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Pupils have a positive attitude towards their work and enjoy learning” (Ofsted 2018). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
The successful candidate will be:
- a Qualified Teacher who holds the mandatory qualification for Teachers of the Deaf or committed to obtaining this qualification whilst in post.
- flexible and creative with excellent interpersonal skills
- keen to work within a team which believes in a proactive, multi-disciplinary approach to inclusion
- committed to developing inclusive educational practices
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively, friendly and supportive team achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am Monday 3 June 2019 – earlier applications considered
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, an application form and further information please see the attached documents, complete the application form and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager, Tel: 01895-200853).