Teacher of Science
Full-time - MPS (Outer London)
“A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.” Ofsted December 2013
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic suitably qualified teacher of Science who has a real passion for the subject and who is capable of teaching across all key stages, with the capability of inspiring, challenging and stimulating students. The post would equally suit a newly qualified or experienced teacher who has obtained a good degree in Science or a related discipline. Leadership responsibilities will be considered for an appropriate candidate. The ability or willingness to teach Chemistry or Physics at GCSE and A Level is desirable but not essential. For NQTs, three weeks’ work in July is offered as an induction to the school.
Our Science Department is hard working, committed and flexible. We are well resourced and have excellent ICT resources to support learning. In KS4 students currently follow one of two pathways; GCSE Triple Science or GCSE Double Science. Science is a very popular subject at A Level with a high proportion of students continuing with one of more sciences in the sixth form and a strong tradition of progression to Higher Education.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed six form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. A school record of 84% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE in 2017 and we were ranked in the top 10% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment in 2016. At A Level 30% of all grades were A* - A and 55% A* - B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is the lead school in the Vyners Learning Trust which also includes a primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Behaviour and attitudes are exceptional” (Ofsted 2013). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively, friendly and supportive team of specialist Science teachers achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- Start Date: no later than 1 September 2018
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am Monday 16 April 2018 (early applications will be considered)
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, an application form and further information please refer to the documents below. Applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager, Tel: 01895-200853).