Senior ICT Technician
ACTUAL SALARY: - £26,561 pa
FULL-TIME - 37.5 hours per week
Our aim is simply stated, we want to be an outstanding school in every sense of the word and we want to be confident that ‘hand on heart’ 100% of our students get a better deal here than they would in any other school.
Our school values: Community, Aspiration, Respect and Endeavour, underpin everything we do. At Vyners, we pride ourselves on the positive relationships that exist between staff and students in the school and the strong sense of being part of a happy community. We are a genuinely comprehensive school, believing that all students bring their own talents to our community. Our committed staff value our students equally and take great care to make sure that every one of them is happy, secure and successful. We believe that it is because of this approach that we are over-subscribed and that our students become high achievers.
ICT is a crucial aspect of the efficient running of the school for both students and staff. An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Senior ICT Technician. This role would suit an experienced, motivated and customer-focused individual who would like to further develop their IT career. The successful candidate will become part of the ICT team and will contribute to the support and maintenance of the School’s ICT networks, the stand-alone computers and related ICT equipment, systems, networks and provide in-house technical support to staff and students.
Vyners School and Vanguard Learning Trust have an exciting and dynamic future and this post is a vital part of the team working to ensure we meet the highest standards.
Previous experience of working in a school is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a good working knowledge of both hardware and software, in particular Windows Server / Active Directory and have a strong sense of customer service.
- Be proactive and eager to further develop their IT career be able to utilise ICT systems for the wider benefit of the student community
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students at the school and to act as an appropriate role model for young people.
- Be inquisitive, organised and energetic, with a good sense of humour
- Be conscientious and committed.
Start Date: ASAP
Application Closing Date: 9.00am MONDAY 7 October 2019
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE: Please complete the application form below and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR Manager, Tel: 01895-200853)