Science - Assistant Subject Leader
Salary / Grade: MPS (Outer London) - Full-time
A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.”
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic suitably qualified teacher of Science, preferably with Chemistry specialism, who has a real passion for the subject and is capable of teaching across all key stages, with the capability of inspiring, challenging and stimulating students. Leading a specific key stage / Chemistry this role will provide an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to help lead one of the core school departments, develop their knowledge of strategic curriculum development, learning and continue to raise standards in Science / Chemistry at KS3-5. The ability or willingness to teach Chemistry at GCSE and A-Level is desirable but not essential.
Our Science Department is hard working, committed and flexible. We are well resourced and have excellent ICT resources to support learning. In KS4 students currently follow one of two pathways; GCSE Triple Science or GCSE Double Science. Science is a very popular subject at A Level with a high proportion of students continuing with one of more sciences in the sixth form and a strong tradition of progression to Higher Education.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed six form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. 79% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE in 2018 and we have been ranked in the top 20% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment over the past three years. At A-Level 30% of all grades were A* - A and 55% A* - B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Behaviour and attitudes are exceptional” (Ofsted 2013). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively, friendly and supportive team of specialist Science teachers achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- START DATE: no later than 1 January 2019
- CLOSING DATE - Applications: 9.00am Tuesday 16 October 2018 - earlier applications will be considered.
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, an application form and information on how to apply please refer to the attached documents. Applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager, Tel: 01895-200853).