Learning Support Assistant - Hearing Impaired Resource Base (HIRB)
Hours of Work: 8.30am – 4.00pm (Friday 3.00pm)
34 hours per week - term time only (190 days)
Actual Salary: £13,719pa (full-time equiv - £17,792)
“A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.”
At Vyners School, we are committed to meeting the needs of all our pupils and developing their potential. Our auditory/oral resource provision for hearing impaired pupils is committed to ensuring that our deaf students receive the best education possible and have full access to the curriculum and all extra-curricular activities. We are looking for a passionate and committed Learning Support Assistant to join our dynamic team and actively participate in delivering high quality teaching and support to students throughout KS3, KS4 & KS5.
The successful applicant will:
- Be enthusiastic about working with a range of pupils with differing needs and abilities.
- Show initiative and a willingness to be involved in all aspects of school life.
- Take a flexible approach to working.
- Have a proven track record of good working relationships and professionalism.
- Feel confident in working independently with small groups of pupils.
This would be an ideal role for anyone considering a career in youth work or teaching. Whilst previous knowledge of BSL sign language is not required, the successful candidate should possess:
- A good general level of education, a sense of humour and be flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of interacting well with students and staff.
- Emotionally robust, capable of dealing with challenging student behaviour.
The school offers an environment with outstanding student behaviour and opportunities for further professional development, working with children who respond to passionate teaching and working within an established team with supportive colleagues.
- Start Date: As soon as possible (early applications considered)
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am – Friday 26 April 2019
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post including a job description, application form and further information please refer to the documents below. Applications via email to email@example.com (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager Tel: 01895 200853).