The Governors at Vyners are committed to working in close partnership with the Headteacher, staff, parents, students and the local community in developing a positive, successful, creative and supportive learning environment for the students at Vyners.
The Local Governing Body's main duties are to:
- Set the strategic direction, policies and objectives of the school
- Set appropriate targets for student achievement at each Key Stage
- Critically review the school's budget and development plans
- Review progress against the school's budget and objectives
- Challenge and support the Headteacher
If you believe you have the skills, experience and the time needed and would like to become a governor please contact Janet Beater, the Clerk to the Board of Trustees, by email for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Detailed below is information about the governance of both the school and Vanguard Learning Trust of which we are a member.
Mark Hague - Chair of Governors
Vanguard Learning Trust
Vanguard Learning Trust was first established as Vyners School Academy Trust in October 2011. When Ryefield Primary School joined the Trust on 1st February 2015 the name was changed to Vyners Learning Trust. The name was changed again to Vanguard Learning Trust on 29th March 2018, to facilitate further expansion. The Trust was delighted to welcome Ruislip High School on 1 September 2018.
Whilst Trust schools retain their individual identities and their own Local Governing Body, they operate as the same legal entity with a single Board of Trustees who have responsibility to ensure that the vision and values of the Trust are lived up to at each school and that each Local Governing Body is held accountable for the highest levels of teaching and learning within their schools.
The Trust has its own website, with full details of its governance arrangements. Copies of our statutory accounts may also be found on the Trust website.
For more information please visit the Vanguard Learning Trust website.
Key Roles – Trust
The Chair of the Board of Trustees:
Mr Peter Davies
The Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees:
Mrs Pamela Nash
The Chair of the Trust’s Finance and Resources Committee:
Mr Peter Davies (Acting Chair)
The Chair of the Trust's Audit and Risk Committee:
Mr Andy Sykes
Key Roles – School
The Chair of the Local Governing Body for Vyners School:
Mr Mark Hague
The Vice-Chair of the Local Governing Body:
The Chair of the Curriculum Sub-Committee:
Mrs Claire Clarke
Any of the Trustees or the Chair of the Local Governing Body at Vyners School may be contacted directly by writing to them c/o the School address (Vyners School, Warren Road, Ickenham, UB10 8AB). Alternatively, please email the School (email@example.com), clearly stating in the title box the name of the individual to whom you wish it to be forwarded.
Included on this page:
- Local Governors of Vyners School and their terms of office 2019/2020
- Vyners School Governors’ attendance record 2020-2021
- The Local Funding Agreement for Vyners School
- Vyners School Local Governing Body’s Terms of Reference and Scheme of Delegation 2017/2018
- Vyners School Local Governing Body’s sub-committees’ Terms of Reference 2017/2018
- Vanguard Learning Trust Register of Business Interests 2019/2020
Formal details of incorporation:
Vanguard Learning Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales.
Registered Number: 07796938.
Registered Office: Vyners School, Warren Road, Ickenham UB10 8AB.