The Governors at Vyners are committed to working in close partnership with the Headteacher, staff, parents, students and the local community in developing a positive, successful, creative and supportive learning environment for the students at Vyners.
The Local Governing Body's main duties are to:
- Set the strategic direction, policies and objectives of the school
- Set appropriate targets for student achievement at each Key Stage
- Critically review the school's budget and development plans
- Review progress against the school's budget and objectives
- Challenge and support the Headteacher
If you believe you have the skills, experience and the time needed and would like to become a governor please contact Janet Beater, the Clerk to the Governors, via the school’s office for more information.
Detailed below is information about the governance of both the school and Vanguard Learning Trust of which we are a member.
Mark Hague - Chair of Governors
Vanguard Learning Trust
Vanguard Learning Trust was first established as Vyners School Academy Trust in October 2011. When Ryefield Primary School joined the Trust on 1st February 2015 the name was changed to Vyners Learning Trust. The name was changed again to Vanguard Learning Trust on 29th March 2018, to facilitate further schools joining the Trust.
Whilst Trust schools retain their individual identities and their own Local Governing Body, they operate as the same legal entity with a single Board of Trustees who have responsibility to ensure that the vision and values of the Trust are lived up to at each school and that each Local Governing Body is held accountable for the highest levels of teaching and learning within their schools.
The Trust has its own website, with full details of its governance arrangements.
For more information please visit the Vanguard Learning Trust website.
Key Roles – Trust
The Chair of the Board of Trustees:
Mr Peter Davies
The Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees:
Mrs Pamela Nash
The Chair of the Trust’s Finance and Resources Committee:
Mr Alan Hague
The Chair of the Trust's Audit and Risk Committee:
Key Roles – School
The Chair of the Local Governing Body for Vyners School:
Mr Mark Hague
The Vice-Chair of the Local Governing Body:
Mr David Trood
The Chair of the Admissions Sub-committee:
Mr David Trood
The Chair of the Curriculum Sub-Committee:
Mrs Claire Clarke
The Chair of the Resources Sub-Committee:
Mrs Harjit Chaggar
Any of the Trustees or the Chair of the Local Governing Body at Vyners School may be contacted directly by writing to them c/o the School address (Vyners School, Warren Road, Ickenham, UB10 8AB). Alternatively, please email the School (email@example.com), clearly stating in the title box the name of the individual to whom you wish it to be forwarded.
Included on this page:
- Local Governors of Vyners School and their terms of office 2016/2017
- Current list of Local Governors of Vyners School (8th Jan 2018)
- Vyners School Governors’ attendance record 2016/2017
- The Local Funding Agreement for Vyners School
- Vyners School Local Governing Body’s Terms of Reference and Scheme of Delegation 2017/2018
- Vyners School Local Governing Body’s sub-committees’ Terms of Reference 2017/2018
- The statutory accounts for the past two years (please note the accounts for 2013/2014 are in the old name of the Trust before it became a multi-academy trust)
- Vanguard Learning Trust Register of Business Interests 2016/2017
Formal details of incorporation:
Vanguard Learning Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales.
Registered Number: 07796938.
Registered Office: Vyners School, Warren Road, Ickenham UB10 8AB.