Skip to content ↓

Gell

 

CHARLOTTE GELL

Gell was created in 1996 when the school expanded to six forms of entry and was named after Charlotte Gell, who is known as Ickenham's Philanthropist of the 19th Century. She helped people less well-off and funded the build of the Almshouses in Swakeleys Road, to give the poor a decent roof over their heads. 

Around 1866 she had a pump built, and the pond was formed to give villagers a good water supply.  To date, there is a charity located in Ickenham that continues in honour of her name and her work, to provide relief for those in poverty. The charity provides services to the elderly and people with disabilities.