£8.50 per hour
“A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.”
Ofsted December 2013
Do you have a few hours to spare during December, January, May or June?
Would you like to earn £8.50 per hour for invigilating our internal and external exams? (£10 per hour for Lead Invigilator).
An exam invigilator is the person in the examination room responsible for conducting the exam and have a key role in upholding the integrity of the external examination/assessment process.
- Ensure all candidates have an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities
- Ensure the security of the examination beforehand, during and afterwards
- Prevent possible candidate malpractice
- Prevent possible administrative failures
Main duties are:
- Distribute and collect exam papers
- Seat and register the candidates
- Actively invigilate – walk around the exam hall, monitor student behaviour and respond to their requests.
Invigilators must be familiar with the instructions outlined by the JCQ. They must give their full attention to conducting the exam properly and inform the Exams Manager if they have any concerns about the exam process.
Exams generally start at:
Morning sessions – 8.00 am (varied finish times up to 1:15 pm)
Afternoon sessions – 12:30 pm (varied finish times up to 4:45 pm)
You will need to be:
- able to exercise authority,
- well organised,
- able to show initiative
For further information, please contact Mrs F Murphy, Exams Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01895 234342 ext 218. Full training will be given to successful applicants.
For application details and more information, please refer to the documents below and email your completed Application form to email@example.com.
Vyners is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full DBS check.