DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY (D&T) TECHNICIAN
Hours of work: 8.15am - 3.45pm - 35 hours per week, term time only + 5 INSET + 5 other days (198 in total)
Actual Salary: £16,226 per annum (£19,6162pa – full-time equivalent)
“An OUTSTANDING school demonstrating strong practice in Behaviour, Safety, Leadership and Management.” Ofsted
Vyners School is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed eight form entry, 11 – 18 Academy, with an excellent reputation for academic achievement, strong community spirit and extra-curricular activities. The school has consistently produced an outstanding performance at GCSE level, ranking in the top 20% of all schools nationally at GCSE, and is proud of the rapidly developing sixth form and A level performance. We are committed to meeting the needs of all our students and developing their potential. We proactively support all students, providing support, information and education and ensuring access to education is maximised as far as possible.
The school is looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic individual to undertake the role of Design and Technology Technician to join a vibrant and creative department, which fully integrates computer aided design and manufacture into projects and aspects of work. The successful candidate will support the delivery of the D&T curriculum through ensuring tools, equipment and materials are safely maintained and ready for use and offering practical support to teachers and students. The department is well resourced and offers pupils the opportunity to use specialist equipment and industry standard machinery, as well as offering high-end training in Product Design.
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven track record of working with relevant tools and equipment and a high level of technical and ‘hands-on’ knowledge in the D&T discipline.
- An excellent awareness of Health and Safety issues and experience of H&S and COSHH risk assessment.
- Ability to play a part in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students and to act as an appropriate role model for young people.
- Previous experience in a similar role, with a proven record of effective liaison with students.
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships and to understand social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- A good general level of education, good interpersonal skills and be flexible, adaptable and resourceful coupled with good IT skills and capable of working independently when required.
The school offers an environment with outstanding student behaviour and opportunities for further professional development, working with children who respond to passionate teaching and working within an established team with supportive colleagues.
- Start Date: 19 April 2021 (early applications will be considered)
- Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am on Friday 12 March 2021
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position and for more information, please see the attached documents. Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com. (Frances Webb – HR Manager Tel 01895 200853).