Careers and WRL
Please scroll to the bottom of the page to download details of the Work Related Learning programme for each student key stage.
Work Related Learning (WRL) at Vyners uses the context of work to develop knowledge, skills and understanding useful for a variety of vocations. This includes learning through the experience of work itself, learning about employment and working practices and learning the skills and qualifications needed to acquire and once within a wide variety of jobs.
Vyners school will provide opportunities to:
- Raise aspirations
- Increase social mobility
- Get girls to participate in STEM
- Provide Technical Education and Apprenticeships the opportunity to talk to all pupils
- Demonstrate Student Destinations
- Access the schools Careers adviser
- Career Ambassadors for each subject
We aim to provide a comprehensive programme of careers education which includes impartial information, advice and guidance and support to students which will allow them to reach well-informed, reasoned decisions about their future education and careers. Through this we seek to impart knowledge, skills and understanding onto students of the available paths and options into the world of work so they leave us feeling confident in their potential vocational pathways.
We welcome professionals and industry experts to work with us to develop initiatives and help facilitate activities, courses, events and student WRL days at Vyners school. Current examples include:
- professional skills modules
- soft skills modules (e.g. Year 11 careers day mock interview event)
- apprenticeship advice, placement guidance and help with applications
- industry careers talks
- speed networking events
- annual careers fayre
- job shadowing in the workplace
- case studies, role plays and simulations
- field trips
- EBSI careers advice
- a range of Enterprise programmes
- advice and training in enterprise, business start-up, commercialisation and funding
- work experience - paid and voluntary opportunities
The work related learning department also works closely with the Edge programme and Sixth Form team at Vyners to offer aspirational students guidance on the appropriate University faculty / school for their sector and subsequent advice, help and guidance in putting together a successful application process.
Senior Careers Leader:
Mrs N Harvey firstname.lastname@example.org 01895 234342
Please see below details of the Work Related Learning programme for each student key stage.