Assistant Subject Leader, Maths
MPS + TLR2b (£4,677) (Outer London)
“A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.”
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Assistant Subject Leader of Mathematics who has a real enthusiasm for the subject and is capable of teaching across all Key Stages. This post would equally suit someone with proven leadership experience or an emerging middle leader in the early stages of their career.
Our students are enthusiastic, motivated and seek to reach the high expectations we have of them. The Mathematics Department at Vyners is ranked in the top 5% of all maths departments in the country for progress with consistently outstanding GCSE results; in 2018, 84% of students achieved grades 9 - 4. Some of our Year 11 students also study the Level 2 Further Mathematics, consistently achieving outcomes above the National Average (94% A*-B vs 77% nationally). We have a high proportion of students continuing with Mathematics at A level and a good number studying Further Mathematics. In 2018 74% of students achieved an A*- C grade at A level with 40% achieving A* - A.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed six form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. In 2018, 79% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE and we are consistently ranked in the top 10% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment. At A Level 25% of all grades were A*-A and 53% A*-B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Pupils have a positive attitude towards their work and enjoy learning” (Ofsted 2018). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively, friendly and supportive team of specialist Maths teachers achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- Start Date: no later than 1 September 2019
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am Monday 13 May 2019
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, please see documents below. Completed application forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager, Tel: 01895-200853).