Salary: £17,073 pa (fte £22,803)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week (term time plus 3 INSET days - 193 days)
“A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.”
We are seeking to appoint a graduate as an ASPIRANT TEACHER who is enthusiastic and excited about exploring a route into teaching and willing to inspire, challenge and develop young people. This is a new role created to cover support for lessons across the curriculum. The post holder will cover lessons, tutorials and support with various duties throughout the school day, including breaktime supervision.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed six form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. In 2018, 79% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE and we are consistently ranked in the top 10% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment. At A Level 25% of all grades were A*-A and 53% A*-B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Pupils have a positive attitude towards their work and enjoy learning” (Ofsted 2018). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program
- Creative opportunities and mentoring to continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative ad exciting community in which to work.
- A lively, friendly and supportive team of teachers achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
Start Date: no later than 1 September 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am Monday 4 March 2019
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post and an application form please refer to attached documents. Applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager, Tel: 01895-200853).