Full-time L12 – L16 (Outer London)
“An OUTSTANDING school demonstrating strong practice in Behaviour, Safety, Leadership and Management.”
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an energetic, intelligent and ambitious, suitably qualified Assistant Headteacher who can contribute to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and take on a number of specific areas of responsibility within the school. If you have a real passion for teaching, the process of learning and have had middle leadership experience, then this is an ideal role for you to develop your experience and knowledge as we continue to raise standards for all students.
The successful candidate will report to a Deputy Headteacher and form part of the SLT, drawing together expertise to change practice and raise standards, whilst developing knowledge and expertise in strategic leadership practice. Candidates should be excellent and confident classroom practitioners, with a minimum of three years successful middle leadership experience with a proven track record of integrity, success, achievement and a passion for continuing professional development.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed eight form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. In 2019, 87% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE and we are consistently ranked in the top 20% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment. At A-Level 33% of all grades were A* - A and 54% A* - B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Pupils have a positive attitude towards their work and enjoy learning” (Ofsted 2018). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program. Our aim is to create as many opportunities for staff to develop their talents and careers at Vyners School. By creating new pathways we aim to retain the very best staff, whilst at the same time helping staff build their experience through taking on new challenging roles and responsibilities.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively and supportive team of colleagues achieving excellent results and continually aspiring to be the vest best.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- Start Date: Jan 2021 (earlier applications will be considered)
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am Friday 9 October 2020
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, an application form and further information please refer to the attached documents. Applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR Manager, Tel: 01895-234342).