ADMINISTRATOR - LEARNING SUPPORT DEPARTMENT
Hours of work: 8.00am - 3.00pm
32.5 hours per week, term time only (188 days) + 2 INSET days
Actual Salary: £15,215 per annum (£20,642 – full-time equiv)
“An OUTSTANDING school demonstrating strong practice in Behaviour, Safety, Leadership and Management.”
At Vyners School, we are committed to meeting the needs of all our students and developing their potential. Applications are welcome from both experienced Administrators or from Learning Support Assistants (LSA) who wish to expand their understanding of the SENCo role. The school is looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic individual to play a key role in the organisation and smooth running of the day to day activities of the Learning Support department and who will join a team of LSAs in supporting students with a wide range of special educational needs in a variety of situations.
The successful applicant will:
- Have strong and proven administrative and organisation skills. Possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to prioritise workload.
- Be a team player, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and discretion, being able to treat sensitive information with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Be committed to meeting the department needs, with a good understanding of the types of special educational needs and disabilities presenting in school, capable of working with a range of pupils with differing needs and abilities.
- Good communication and relationship building skills, professionally liaising with all internal and external stakeholders, students and staff.
- Take a flexible approach to working.
- Feel confident in working independently with small groups of pupils.
Applicants will need:
- A good general level of education, a sense of humour and be flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of students and act as an appropriate role model.
- Emotionally robust, capable of dealing with the challenges that working with students aged 11-18 can bring.
The school offers an environment with outstanding student behaviour and opportunities for further professional development, working with children who respond to passionate teaching and working within an established team with supportive colleagues. (Job share considered).
- Start Date: ASAP (early applications will be considered)
- Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am on Friday 11 Sept 2020
(JOB SHARE CONSIDERED)
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position and for more information, please see the documents below. Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com. (Frances Webb – HR Manager Tel 01895 200853).