MPS + TLR2c (£6,646) (Outer London)
“A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.”
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic suitably qualified Year Leader who has capability of inspiring, challenging and stimulating students. Main purpose of this role is to lead a year group and play a significant role in the pastoral care of students, oversee and closely monitor the work of the tutors, track student progress (identifying student under-performance and deciding on appropriate course of action for improvement) and monitor and tracking the behaviour for learning for the year group. Successful candidate will be aspiring pastoral leaders who want to develop their experience and knowledge to continue to raise standards for all students.
At Vyners you will become part of a supportive and aspirational team. Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed six form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. In 2018 of 79% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE and we are consistently ranked in the top 10% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment. At A Level 25% of all grades were A*-A and 53% A*-B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Pupils have a positive attitude towards their work and enjoy learning” (Ofsted 2018). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively, friendly and supportive team of specialist teachers achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- Start Date: 1 September 2019
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am Monday 20 May 2019 – earlier applications considered
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, an application form and further information please review attached documents. Applications via email to: email@example.com (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager, Tel: 01895-200853).