Teacher of Geography
MPS (Outer London)
“A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.”
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic suitably qualified teacher of Geography who has a real passion for the subject and who is capable of teaching across all key stages, with the capability of inspiring, challenging and stimulating students. The post would equally suit a newly qualified or experienced teacher who has obtained a good degree in Geography or a related discipline. The ability or willingness to teach A Level Geography is desirable but not essential. For NQTs, three weeks’ work in July is offered as an induction to the school.
The Geography Department at Vyners School is very strong with GCSE results consistently well above the national average; in 2018 94 students took geography at GCSE and 76% achieved a 9-4 grade and at A Level there were 24 students with 21% achieving A*-A and 63% achieving A*-B.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed six form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. In 2018 of 79% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE and we are consistently ranked in the top 10% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment. At A Level 25% of all grades were A*-A and 53% A*-B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Pupils have a positive attitude towards their work and enjoy learning” (Ofsted 2018). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively, friendly and supportive team of specialist Geography teachers achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- Start Date: April 2019
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am Monday 10 Dec 2018
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, an application form and further information please review the attached documents. Applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager, Tel: 01895-200853).