Teacher of English
MPS (Outer London) - Full-time
“A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.”
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic suitably qualified teacher of English who has a real passion for the subject and who is capable of teaching across all key stages, with the capability of inspiring, challenging and stimulating students. The post would equally suit a newly qualified or experienced teacher who has obtained a good degree in English or a related discipline. The ability or willingness to teach A Level English Literature is desirable but not essential. For NQTs, three weeks’ work in July is offered as an induction to the school.
The English Department at Vyners is very strong with GCSE results consistently well above the national average; in 2018 87% of students achieved a 9 - 4 grade. All of our students also study English Literature at GCSE and a high proportion gain a 9 - 4 grade (82% in 2018). An increasing number of students go on to study English Literature at A Level with 65% achieving A* - B in 2018.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed six form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. In 2018, 79% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE and we are consistently ranked in the top 10% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment. At A Level 25% of all grades were A*-A and 53% A*-B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Pupils have a positive attitude towards their work and enjoy learning” (Ofsted 2018). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively, friendly and supportive team of specialist English teachers achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- Start Date: no later than 1 September 2019
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am Wed 6 February 2019
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, an application form and further information please review the documents below. Applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager, Tel: 01895-200853).