TEACHER OF MFL - German with Spanish
Full or Part-time - MPS / UPS (Outer London)
“An OUTSTANDING school demonstrating strong practice in Behaviour, Safety, Leadership and Management.” Ofsted
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic suitably qualified teacher of Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) who can offer German as a main subject with Spanish as a second language. The ideal candidate must have a real passion for the subject and be capable of teaching across all key stages, with the capability of inspiring, challenging and stimulating students. The post would equally suit a newly qualified or experienced teacher who has obtained a good degree in Modern Foreign Languages or a related discipline. The ability or willingness to teach to A Level is desirable but not essential. For ECTs, three weeks’ work in July is offered as an induction to the school.
The MFL Department at Vyners School is very strong with GCSE results consistently well above the national average; in 2019, 43% of students took French and/or German at GCSE and achieved a maximum of 74% at grades 9 – 5, with a maximum of 85% achieving grades 9 – 4. In 2019 at A Level, 100% of students studying German achieved A* - C.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed eight form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. In 2019, 87% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE and we are consistently ranked in the top 10% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment. At A-Level 33% of all grades were A* - A and 54% A* - B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Pupils have a positive attitude towards their work and enjoy learning” (Ofsted 2018). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively, friendly and supportive team of specialist language teachers achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- Start Date: preferably 1 September 2022 (later start dates will be seriously considered)
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am Monday 20 June 2022
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, an application form and further information please refer to the documents below. Applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR Manager, Tel: 01895-234342).