TEACHER OF ECONOMICS / BUSINESS STUDIES
Full-time MPS (Outer London)
“An OUTSTANDING school demonstrating strong practice in Behaviour, Safety, Leadership and Management.”
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic suitably qualified teacher of Economics / Business Studies who has a real passion for the subject and who is capable of teaching across all key stages, with the capability of inspiring, challenging and stimulating students. The post would equally suit a newly qualified or experienced teacher who has obtained a good degree in Economics, Business Studies or a related discipline.
Our students are enthusiastic, motivated and seek to reach the high expectations we have of them. We offer students GCSE Economics, GCSE Business Studies, A level Economics and A level Business. The department currently comprises of 2 members of staff, both of whom are trained specialists and the department is well resourced in terms of equipment, facilities, interactive technology and textbooks.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed eight form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. In 2019, 87% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE and we are consistently ranked in the top 10% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment. At A-Level 33% of all grades were A* - A and 54% A* - B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Pupils have a positive attitude towards their work and enjoy learning” (Ofsted 2018). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively and supportive team of specialist English teachers achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- Start Date: no later than 22 Feb 2021 (earlier applications will be considered)
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am Wed 18 Nov 2020
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, an application form and further information please refer to the attached document. Applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Frances Webb, HR Manager, Tel: 01895-234342).