Psychology - Subject Leader
Full-time (Part-time considered)
MPS (Outer London)
“A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Safety and Outstanding Leadership and Management.”
Ofsted December 2013
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a suitably qualified Subject Leader of Psychology who has a real enthusiasm for the subject and the learning process. The post would most likely suit a teacher with at least two years classroom experience and who has obtained a good degree in Psychology or related discipline, although we would also welcome applications from outstanding teachers with less experience.
We currently have 60 students studying Psychology at A-Level making it one of the largest KS5 subjects. Results in the last few years have been around the national average and we are now looking for a skilled middle leader to further raise achievement. We are well resourced and have a dedicated teaching base as well as access to excellent ICT resources to support learning.
Vyners is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed six form entry, 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in a pleasant residential area in North West London, bordering Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We have a track record of real success at all Key Stages. 79% of students achieved grades 9-4 in both English and Maths at GCSE in 2018 and we have been ranked in the top 20% of all schools nationally for progress measures and attainment over the past three years. At A-Level 30% of all grades were A* - A, and 54% A* - B. The school converted to academy status on 1 November 2011 and is part of the Vanguard Learning Trust which also includes one other secondary and one primary school.
We are well known for high academic standards, good behaviour, and our strong community spirit including a strong house system with students leading their peers. “Behaviour and attitudes are exceptional” (Ofsted 2013). Many students are involved in extracurricular sport, music and drama, performing at a high level including prestigious public events and performing in our own school productions.
We offer you:
- A well established and well respected Continual Professional Development program.
- Creative opportunities and mentoring for continual career progression.
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
- A lively, friendly and supportive team of specialist teachers achieving excellent results.
- A comprehensive and first class new employee induction programme.
- An annual two day Staff Conference with excellent keynote speakers.
- Excellent facilities including Interactive whiteboards, onsite gym, ample car parking and access to local transport.
- Start Date: no later than 1 January 2019
- Closing date for Applications: 9.00am Monday 26 Nov 2018 (early applications will be considered).
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
For full details of this post, an application form and further information please refer to the documents below: www.vynersschool.org.uk. Applications via email to: email@example.com (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager, Tel: 01895-200853).