Hours of work: 8.15am - 3.15pm (32.50 hrs per week, term time 188 days + 5 INSET days)
Actual Salary: £17,075 per annum (£22,805pa – full-time equivalent)
"A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Outstanding Leadership and Management"
At Vyners School, we are committed to meeting the needs of all our students and developing their potential. We proactively support vulnerable students, ensuring their ability to access education is maximised as far as possible. Applications are welcome from both experienced HLTAs or learning mentors. The school is looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic individual to undertake the role of Pastoral Mentor who will join a small team of staff supporting vulnerable students.
The successful applicant will:
- Have the ability to build constructive and professional relationships with parents, students and staff and working with others, assess and review students to plan responses.
- Have previous experience and be enthusiastic about supporting the learning and personal development of students with differing needs and abilities.
- Show initiative and a willingness to be involved in all aspects of school life and have the ability to draw on a wide range of support services, information, opportunities and guidance.
- Take a flexible approach to working.
Applicants will need to have:
- Previous experience of direct contact with teenagers, preferably in a secondary school
- Experience of Safeguarding children, Child Protection and education management information systems
- A good general level of education, a sense of humour and be flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of interacting well with students and other staff members.
- Emotionally robust, capable of dealing with challenging student behaviour.
The school offers an environment with outstanding student behaviour and opportunities for further professional development, working with children who respond to passionate teaching and working within an established team with supportive colleagues.
- Start Date: ASAP (early applications will be considered)
- Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am on Mon 3 Dec 2018
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position and for more information, please see the attached documents. Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com. (Frances Webb - HR / Office Manager Tel 01895 234342).