LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANTS - SEN
Hours of work: 8.30am - 3.00pm
30 hours per week, term time only (188 days) + 5 INSET days
Actual Salary: £17,496 per annum (£24,804 – full-time equivalent)
“An OUTSTANDING school demonstrating strong practice in Behaviour, Safety, Leadership and Management.”
At Vyners School, we are committed to meeting the needs of all our students and developing their potential. Applications are welcome from both experienced Learning Support Assistants and those considering this, or teaching, as a career. The school is looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic individual to undertake the role of Learning Support Assistant who will join a team of assistants supporting pupils with special educational needs and moderate learning difficulties in a variety of situations.
The successful applicant will:
- Be enthusiastic about working with a range of pupils with differing needs and abilities.
- Show initiative and a willingness to be involved in all aspects of school life.
- Take a flexible approach to working.
- Have a proven track record of good working relationships and professionalism.
- Feel confident in working independently with small groups of pupils.
Applicants will need to have:
- A good general level of education, a sense of humour and be flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of interacting well with students and other staff members.
- Emotionally robust, capable of dealing with challenging student behaviour.
The school offers an environment with outstanding student behaviour and opportunities for further professional development, working with children who respond to passionate teaching and working within an established team with supportive colleagues.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am on Tuesday 3 October 2023
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS and social media checks.
To apply for this position and for more information, please see the attached documents. Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Frances Webb – HR Manager Tel 01895 234342).