Salary: Apprentice Rates
35 hours per week - 52 weeks a year (including 20 days annual leave and all statutory holidays)
Our aim is simply stated, we want to be an outstanding school in every sense of the word and we want to be confident that ‘hand on heart’ 100% of our students get a better deal here than they would in any other school.
Our school values: Community, Aspiration, Respect and Endeavour, underpin everything we do. At Vyners, we pride ourselves on the positive relationships that exist between staff and students in the school and the strong sense of being part of a happy community. We are a genuinely comprehensive school, believing that all students bring their own talents to our community. Our committed staff value our students equally and take great care to make sure that every one of them is happy, secure and successful. We believe that it is because of this approach that we are over-subscribed and that our students become high achievers.
ICT is a crucial aspect of the efficient running of the school for both students and staff. An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of ICT Apprentice. This role would suit a motivated and customer-focused individual who would like to develop a career within the IT environment. The successful candidate will become part of the ICT team and will contribute to the support and maintenance of the School’s ICT networks, the stand-alone computers and related ICT equipment, systems, networks and provide in-house technical support to staff and students. This role will be working within the Apprenticeship framework of the NAS (National Apprenticeship Service), will last for two years and involve six weeks of workshops in that timeframe.
Vyners School and Vanguard Learning Trust have an exciting and dynamic future and this post is a vital part of the team working to ensure we meet the highest standards.
Previous experience of working in a school is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Be motivated and possess good customer service skills
- Be proactive and eager to develop a career within IT and be able to utilise ICT systems for the wider benefit of the student community
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students at the school and to act as an appropriate role model for young people. Candidates will need to demonstrate that they can maintain an appropriate professional relationship with students, particularly if they have previous / current links with the school
- Be inquisitive, organised and energetic, with a good sense of humour
- Be conscientious and committed.
Application Closing Date: 9.00am Friday 15 March 2019
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE:
EITHER: Complete the application form below and email to: email@example.com (Frances Webb, HR / Office Manager, Tel: 01895-200853)
OR: Visit the National Apprentice Service (NAS) website: https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship