Hours of work: 8.00am - 3.00pm
32.5 hours per week, term time only (188 days) + 5 INSET days
Actual Salary: £17,492 pa
“An OUTSTANDING school demonstrating strong practice in Behaviour, Safety, Leadership and Management.” Ofsted
At Vyners School, we are committed to meeting the needs of all our students and developing their potential. We proactively support all students, providing support, information and education and ensuring access to education is maximised as far as possible. The school is looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic individual to undertake the role of Attendance Officer who, working closely with the Welfare Officer will join the Student Services team, providing a ‘front-line’ service for students during the day.
The successful applicant will:
- Have the ability to build constructive and professional relationships with parents, students and staff and working with others, assess and review student attendance, escalating when required.
- Have previous experience and be enthusiastic about supporting the learning and personal development of students with differing needs and abilities.
- Show initiative and a willingness to be involved in all aspects of school life and have the ability to draw on a wide range of support services, information, opportunities and guidance.
- Take a flexible approach to working.
Applicants will need to have:
- Previous experience in a similar role, with a proven record of effective liaison with both students and parents.
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships and to understand social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience of Safeguarding children, Child Protection and education management information systems.
- A good general level of education, good interpersonal skills and be flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of interacting well with students, parents and other staff members.
- Emotionally robust, capable of dealing with challenging student behaviour.
The school offers an environment with outstanding student behaviour and opportunities for further professional development, working with children who respond to passionate teaching and working within an established team with supportive colleagues.
- Start Date: 1 January 2022 (early applications will be considered)
- Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am on Monday 6 December 2021
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position and for more information, please see the attached documents. Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Frances Webb – HR Manager Tel 01895 200853).