Learning Support Assistant (Inclusion)
Hours of work: 8.30am - 3.00pm 30 hours per week, term time only
Salary: £10,774 per annum
Fixed term contract of 12 months in first instance
The school always welcomes applications from enthusiastic individuals willing to support students with special educational needs and moderate learning difficulties in a variety of situations.
Successful applicants will:
- Be enthusiastic about working with a range of students with differing needs and abilities.
- Show initiative and a keenness to be involved in all aspects of school life.
- Take a flexible approach to working.
- Have a proven track record of good working relationships and professionalism.
- Feel confident in working independently with small groups of students.
Whilst applications are welcome from existing Teaching Assistants or those considering teaching as a career, previous experience is not essential. Of more importance is a commitment to ensuring that students enjoy full access to the educational opportunities offered at Vyners, one of the best schools in the country.
Applicants will need to have:
- A good general level of education, a sense of humour and be flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of interacting well with students and other staff members.
- Emotionally robust, capable of dealing with challenging student behaviour.
The school offers opportunities for further professional development, working with children who respond to passionate teaching and working in an established team with supportive colleagues.
START DATE: 1 October 2017
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 9.30am on Monday 11 September 2017
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position, please download and complete the application form below. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.