The Governors at Vyners are committed to working in close partnership with the Headteacher, staff, parents, students and the local community in developing a positive, successful, creative and supportive learning environment for the students at Vyners.
The Local Governing Body's main duties are to:
- Set the strategic direction, policies and objectives of the school
- Set appropriate targets for student achievement at each Key Stage
- Approve the school's budget and development plans
- Review progress against the school's budget and objectives
- Challenge and support the Headteacher
If you believe you have the skills, experience and the time needed and would like to become a governor please contact Janet Beater, the Clerk to the Governors, via the school’s office for more information.
Detailed below is information about the governance of both the school and Vyners Learning Trust of which we are a member.
Henry Gardner - Chair of Governors
Vyners Learning Trust
Vyners Learning Trust was first established as Vyners School Academy Trust in October 2011. When Ryefield Primary School joined the Trust on 1st February 2015 the name was changed to Vyners Learning Trust.
Whilst both schools retain their individual identities and their own Local Governing Body, they now operate as the same legal entity with a single Board of Directors who have responsibility to ensure that the vision and values of the Trust are lived up to at each school and that each Local Governing Body is held accountable for the highest levels of teaching and learning within their schools. The document “VLT Governance Structure” describes the Trust’s organisation structure along with the key responsibilities of each tier of the organisation.
Key Roles – Trust
The Chair of the Board of Directors:
Mr Peter Davies
The Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors:
Mrs Pamela Nash
The Chair of the Trust’s Audit Committee/Finance and Facilities Director:
Mr Mark Hague
The Director for Curriculum and Standards:
Dr Helena McVeigh
The Director for Human Resources:
Mr David Trood
Key Roles – School
The Chair of the Local Governing Body for Vyners School:
Mr Henry Gardner
The Vice-Chair of the Local Governing Body:
Mrs Tracey O'Keefe
The Chair of the Admissions sub-committee:
Mrs Lyn Crouchman
The Chair of the Curriculum Sub-Committee:
Mr Henry Gardner
The Actiing Chair of the Resources Sub-Committee:
Mr David Trood
Included on this page:
- Organogram of the governance structure of the Trust, along with the key responsibilities of each organisational tier in the Trust
- Members and Directors of the Trust with the details of their terms of office 2015/2016
- Board of Directors’ attendance record 2015/2016
- Local Governors of Vyners School and their terms of office 2015/2016
- Current list of Local Governors of Vyners School (1st Jan 2017)
- Vyners School Governors’ attendance record 2015/2016
- The Trust’s Articles of Association
- The Trust’s Funding Agreements
- Vyners School Local Governing Body’s Terms of Reference and Scheme of Delegation 2016/2017
- Vyners School Local Governing Body’s sub-committees’ Terms of Reference 2016/2017
- 2016/2017 meeting schedule for the Board of Directors and each school’s Local Governing Body
- The statutory accounts for the past two years (please note the accounts for 2013/2014 are in the old name of the Trust before it became a multi-academy trust)
- Vyners Learning Trust Register of Business Interests 2016/2017
Formal details of incorporation:
Vyners Learning Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales.
Registered Number: 07796938.
Registered Office: Vyners School, Warren Road, Ickenham UB10 8AB.